Monday 28 December 2009

Stuck on a galloping horse

Approaching 49 I reflect on how quickly my life has zipped past. Rushing from one moment and concern to the next thinking how I have been unaware of the days and years passing.

What shows up in my reflection is that I have had millions of thoughts and feelings but I have not consistently held a a few key binding thoughts to focus my attention and bring into the light the concerns that are central to who I am.

The concerns and values which if I stood, at the end of my life, would bring my focus to that which stands out for me in my life.

And when I practice this. It is not material things, or jobs, or thoughts but a very few things of value to me. Like island peaks of significance standing out across a land / life stretching to the horizon. And much of the time I have spent in the lowlands of my life.

The challenge then for the time which remains is to be able to recognise what is not important to me and let it go and to create a space each day where I can create what is important me

No comments:

Post a Comment